Last Updated on December 26, 2016
Scholarships for Higher Education in India for Ethiopia and Djibouti on 1st January 2016
Important Instructions :
- Please read read instructions very carefully before filling the application form.
- The application form in word format is available in ICCR website www.iccrindia.net.
- Please fill all columns in the application form.
- In S.No. 10 of the application form please mention the course i.e Graduation/Post Graduation etc. and also the subject.
- Along with application form please send by e-mail check list, certificate of physical fitness, attested degrees, marksheets etc., all in PDF format.
- Those who have IELTS certificate for English language need not attend English proficiency test. They may attach the certificate alongwith application form.
- The certificate of physical has to be filled by Doctor and need not be typed.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Government of India, invites applications for thirty five scholarships to meritorious Ethiopian nationals for the academic session 2016 – 17 for pursuing studies in higher education in under-graduate / post graduate / PhD / post doctoral courses in Indian Universities / Institutions.
Those interested and qualified may apply in the prescribed application form which can be downloaded from this website. Application form and other downloads will also be available at www.iccrindia.net Please click ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œScholarship scheme 2016 – 17 for African studentsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢.
The following may please be noted :
- Please read the instructions carefully before filling out the forms.
- Applicants for under graduate and post graduate studies should be below 35 years.
- Applicants should have English language proficiency as the medium of instruction is English. English language proficiency test will be conducted at the Library Hall of Embassy of India, Addis Ababa on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 3 pm.
- All entries in the application form (except the signature) should be typewritten.
- Candidates should clearly mention the courses and universities to which they are seeking admission. In this connection websiteÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â of University Grants Commission of India ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â www.ugc.ac.in ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â may be consulted which gives details of each university. List of universities where ICCR scholars are studying may also be seen in order to decide which university to select (The list may be downloaded from this website).
- Copies of certificates and mark sheets for all educational qualifications listed in the form duly certified by National Educational Assessment and Examination Agency (for those who have studied graduation / post graduation in Ethiopia, they can get it attested by their University authorities) and thereafter attested by Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, should be attached.
- No original documents to be attached with the application form
- Students applying for doctoral/ post doctoral courses or architecture should include a synopsis of proposed area of research.
- Applicants for B.E / B. Tech course must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in School Leaving Examination (class XII).
- Students wishing to study performing arts may attach video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances if possible.
- Certified copies of translation of documents which are not in English to be attached.
- Certificate of Physical fitness by a registered medical practitioner of a Government Hospital / Government Health Centre to be attached (form may be downloaded from this website).
- Selected candidates will have to undergo AIDS test on arrival in India. In case anyone is found HIV positive, the scholar will have to return to his/her country at his own cost.
- Certified copy of passport (if the applicant has a passport ) to be attached.
- Certificate that the applicant has not availed of an ICCR scholarship earlier and is not presently studying in India as a self-financing student.
- The completed and signed application form with a recent passport size photograph pasted on the form along with certificate of physical fitness and all attested documents must be e-mailed as a pdf document to the First Secretary (Education), Embassy of India, Addis Ababa, at e-mail email@example.com
- Two hard copies of the application along with enclosures and five extra passport-size photographs should also be delivered personally to First Secretary (Education), Embassy of India, Addis Ababa on 14th and 15th January 2015 between 10 a.m to 5 p.m at the Embassy premises. A short interview will be taken at that time.
- No applications will be accepted for courses in Medicine and Dentistry, viz., MBBS / MD/ MS/ BDS/Nursing.
- Please also read the financial terms and conditions (may be downloaded from this website). As may be seen the scholarship includes monthly living allowance, a fixed annual contingent grant, house rent allowance (if not staying in hostel) and thesis and dissertation expenses. These scholarship slots include return economy class air fares to the nearest international airport and 3rd class AC Train Fare to the place of study.
- Hostel accommodation is not guaranteed. The house rent allowance that ICCR gives in lieu of hostel fees allows 2-3 students to share a small flat, and is paid only after prior approval of ICCR is obtained for staying in private accommodation.
- Only those applications will be considered by the authorities in India which are routed through and recommended by this Embassy. Applications sent directly to ICCR, New Delhi or sent through the local Embassies / High Commissions in New Delhi will not be entertained.
- No change in course of study or University is permitted once admission of scholar is confirmed and the scholar has arrived in India to join the course.
- Incomplete applications are liable not to be considered by the Embassy.
- Indian universities/educational institutions are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria. The award of scholarship is subject to candidates being finally accepted by the concerned University/Institute and consequent receipt of such confirmation from ICCR, Government of India.
- The last date for receipt of application forms by the Indian Embassy is 1700 hrs. 20th January 2016.
For further information the following may be contacted:
Mr. Ashok Kumar, First Secretary ((Education)
Embassy of India, Kebele 13 / 14, House No. 224,
Addis Ababa. (Near Bel Air Hotel)
Tel. No. 0111235545
Under this Scheme, a total of 11 slots are allotted in respect of Djibouti.