Change of Name in Passport

Last Updated on July 14, 2014

For change of name or surname, consequent to marriage/divorce, please submit original marriage certificate or the original ‘order’ from the court pertaining to divorce along with photocopies and husband’s/wife’s passport.

In all other cases of change of name/surname in the passport, the change has first to be advertised in a daily newspaper, both in Ethiopia and India (circulation in the area of your permanent and present residence). Original newspaper cuttings are required to be submitted. A sworn affidavit is also to be submitted along with the application. Service is provided after a waiting period of 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the newspaper.

  • Address : 224, Kebele 13/14, Woreda 07, Arada Sub-City, Near Bel Air Hotel, Aware, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
  • Working : 09:00 am and 11:30 am on all working days, (Mondays to Fridays) except Holidays.
  • Telephone Numbers : 00-251-11-6362010
  • E-Mail :hoc[dot]addisababa[at]mea[dot]gov[dot]in

Visitors Count:

Last Updated on: June 13, 2024 @ 4:25 pm