Donation of CT-Scan Machine to Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
1. A handing over ceremony for the 64 Slice CT Scan Machine donated by the Government of India to the Government of Ethiopia was held in Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 26th August 2017.
2. The machine has been installed in Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa on 12th November,2015 and is fully operational. More than 100 scans are carried out daily and around 9000 patients have benefitted till date from this CT Scan machine. The total support provided by Government of India towards supply, installation and maintenance of this machine is about USD 1.2 million.
3. The machine was formally handed over in the gracious presence of H.E. Dr. Kebede Worku, State Minister of Health, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and H.E Mr. Anurag Srivastava, Ambassador of India to Ethiopia, Djibouti and African Union.
4. Speaking on the occasion, Ambassador highlighted the cooperation between India and Ethiopia in the health sector at governmental, non-governmental and individual levels and proposed various possibilities to further enhance this cooperation. He underlined the capacity building support offered by India to Ethiopia under IAFS-III as well through public private partnership and encouraged Ethiopians to utilize them more and more.
5. State Minister of Health Dr. Kebede conveyed the gratitude of Government of Ethiopia to the Government of India for donating the CT Scan Machine which had greatly helped in treatment of needy patients. He expressed the hope that India will continue its support by providing all possible assistance in health sector.