General Requirements for Visas
- Applications for Indian Visa are to be filled online at – http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/. The online application must, carry a photograph of the applicant. A print out of the online application must be then presented to the Indian Embassy.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months. In case of dual nationality both the passports should be presented.
- Two passport size photographs (5 photographs in case of Pakistani nationals).
- Oral Polio and Yellow Fever Vaccination Certification – With effect from March 1, 2014, all travelers entering India would be required to have Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) administered at least four-weeks prior to their entry into India. This is in addition to the requirement of a Yellow Fever Vaccination taken at least 10 days prior to travel. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia administers the Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) in the Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa. All visa applicants must possess and present the OPV Certificates issued by the Black Lion Hospital, in addition to the Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificates at the Visa Counter of the Embassy and Indian airports. The validity of OPV is one year and that of Yellow Fever Vaccination is 10 years.
- The visa application should be signed only by the applicant and it should tally with the signature in the passport. (Pakistani and Bangladeshi nationals need to apply on special application forms).
- Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) with a maximum validity of 30 days with Single Entry Facility is presently extended to twelve countries, viz. Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar, Republic of Korea and Indonesia. The Single Entry Visa on Arrival will be granted to Nationals of above-mentioned 12 countries by Indian Immigration Authorities at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kochi, Trivandrum, Bengaluru and Hyderabad Airports in India.
- Persons holding long term visas (having validity exceeding 6 months) must register with the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO)/ Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) if their continuous stay is longer than 180 days.
- Application forms should be filled up only in English, legibly and accurately. Incomplete and illegible forms will be returned without service.
- In case of visas for minors on separate passports, a consent/sponsor letter from the parents should be submitted.
- The visa fees are to be paid at the Embassy Counter in cash (Birr) only. There is no provision of online payment. Fees once received will not be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn or the service refused.
- Applicants are requested not to finalize their travel plans before their visa is issued by the Embassy.
- Oral polio and yellow fever vaccination certificate